How to Take the Test
- • Each blood spot collection card is for one time use only. Do not recollect blood on a previously blood-dried spot.
- • Missing or incomplete information on the test requisition form will delay the processing time of your specimen.
- • Adhere to your usual dietary habits unless specified by your doctor, consuming a wide variety of foods when possible a couple of weeks prior to blood draw.
- • Avoid any food that previously resulted in an adverse reaction or anaphylaxis.
- • Immunosuppressive drugs such as oral or intransal corticosteroids (e.g.: prednisone, beclomethasone, fluticasone, triamcinolone) and topical cortisone suspensions and creams, may affect test results for antibody assessment. The suggested time period to abstain from these is 4 weeks unless specified by your health care practitioner.
- • Consult you health care practitioner before making any changes to your current medication regimen.
- • DO NOT PERFORM THE TEST IF YOU ARE TAKING BLOOD THINNING MEDICATIONS OR IF YOU HAVE A BLOOD CLOTTING DISORDER UNLESS SUPERVISED BY YOUR HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER.
- • A LANCET SHOULD ONLY BE USED ONCE.
- • A LANCET SHOULD NOT BE USED ON CHILDREN YOUNGER THAN 1 YEAR.
- • THE LANCET PROVIDED HAS A NEEDLE DEPTH OF 2MM.CAUTION IS ADVISED FOR USE ON YOUNG CHILDREN WHO MAY HAVE AN INSUFFICIENT FINGER-SURFACE-TO-BONE/CARTILAGE DEPTH. USE MAY RESULT IN INJURY. CONSULT YOUR HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER.