• SHIPPING DAYS: Probiotics will only be shipped Monday through Wednesday to avoid weekend delays. Orders for probiotics received on Thursday or Friday will be held for shipment on Monday.
ORDERS RECEIVED AFTER 2 PM PST ON WEDNESDAY WILL BE SHIPPED ON MONDAY.
• DURING WARM WEATHER: To better protect your probiotics, Kirkman® now requires 2 day or next day shipping service during warm weather. (We will honor your shipping choices and not automatically upgrade your shipping methods).
• DURING COLD WEATHER: Kirkman® recommends 3-business days service to most locations.
If you have any questions regarding your probiotic shipping please call our customer service department at 1-800-245-8282.
Supports gastrointestinal system health with Lactobacillus GG. Provides 10 billion CFUs of Lactobacillus GG per capsule.
Kirkman® is a distributor for the well-researched and documented probiotic Culturelle® manufactured by Amerifit Inc. This product provides 10 billion CFUs of Lactobacillus GG per capsule and has a chicory root base called inulin, which is an effective prebiotic.
Culturelle® with LGG has been widely studied and documented to have the following characteristics and benefits.
• adheres and colonizes the gastrointestinal tract; • assists intestinal functioning;
• supports the body’s natural defenses;
• helps alleviate occasional diarrhea;
• has high tolerance to survive stomach acids; • assists with lactose metabolism.
LGG is grown on whey and will contain trace levels (less than 15 parts per million per capsule) of casein and whey, which are proteins found in milk.
The initial research on this Lactobacillus rhamnosus (subspecies of L. casei) strain was undertaken by two Boston scientists, doctors Sherwood Gorbach and Barry Golden. In 1985 they isolated this strain, which they called Lactobacillus GG (LGG — after their surnames), and it was patented in the U.S. in 1987.
Refrigeration is recommended although the product may be maintained at room temperature; storing it under refrigeration can extend the stability of the product.