Kirkman® proprietary blend to support the immune system. Hypoallergenic. Gluten and casein free. Capsules are plant based. Ultra Tested®.
Kirkman's proprietary Immuno-Aid™ Advanced Formula provides powerful support for the immune system. It contains elderberry, a strong immune system supporter.
Kirkman® Immuno-Aid Advanced Formula is a hypoallergenic formulation of some of the most effective nutrients known to support the immune system. Included in this powerful blend are:
- Vitamin A: An essential micronutrient that plays a central role in immune function.
- Vitamin C: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect certain white blood cells from toxic compounds they produce in their fight against germs.
Vitamin C is required for the biosynthesis of collagen, L-carnitine, and certain neurotransmitters and is involved in protein metabolism. Collagen, an essential component of connective tissue, plays a vital role in wound healing. Vitamin C is also an important physiological antioxidant and has been shown to regenerate other antioxidants, including alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E). Research is currently examining if vitamin C limits the damaging effects of free radicals through its antioxidant activity.1
- Vitamin E: A fat-soluble nutrient that acts as an antioxidant to help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
The body needs vitamin E to boost its immune system so that it can fight off unwanted invaders that cause illness.
- Zinc: A micronutrient important for the maintenance and development of immune cells in both the innate and adaptive immune systems.
It supports normal development of neutrophils and natural killer cells. Zinc also functions as an antioxidant to maintain membranes.
- Selenium: A mineral with antioxidant activity, crucial for health and proper functioning of the immune system.
Its antioxidant activity supports the reduction of oxidative stress in the body. Selenium deficiency can also interfere with immune cells and may lead to slower immune response.
- Beta Glucans: Polysaccharides found in the cell walls of bacteria, fungi, yeasts, algae, lichens, and plants, such as oats and barley.
Beta Glucans are powerful immunomodulatory agents, which trigger multiple events that help regulate the immune system and make it more efficient.
- Astragalus: Used in Chinese herbology for centuries to boost the immune system.
Astragalus is a flowering herb with roots known to have antioxidant activity that inhibits free radical production.
- Elderberry Extract: From the elderberry fruit, which has been used since ancient civilization to enhance the immune system.
Elderberries are an excellent natural immune system booster containing chemical compounds called anthocyanidins, which are known to have immunostimulant effects.
Free Of: Milk, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soy, and Sesame
Supplements: Vitamin A (as Retinol) 1500 IU, Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E (as Alpha-Tocopherol)(Sunflower), Zinc (from Zinc Citrate), Selenium (from Selenium Glycinate Complex), Kirkman® Proprietary Blend: Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus)(root) Extract, Elderberry (Sambucus nigra L.)(fruit) Extract, Beta Glucan
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian Capsule (hypromellose and water), Magnesium Stearate (plant-based)
Warnings: DO NOT USE IN PREGNANCY OR WHILE LACTATING.
STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE AND TIGHTLY CAPPED.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
1. NIH: National Library of Medicine: Office of Dietary Supplements, Vitamin C Fact Sheet for Health Professionals. [website] https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-HealthProfessional/, (accessed August 24, 2023).